December has arrived. Somehow or another, it feels like I missed September, October and November. Time is flying. At this point we have received nearly 7000 freshman applications. It’s very exciting! There’s a lot of ground to cover between November 10 and December 18th… As an Elon alumnus, I am constantly gratified by the overwhelming enthusiasm shown in my alma mater year after year. Thank you!
Our staff enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends. Just about everyone in Admissions worked on processing or reading files over the four day break as well. In between essays, I had time to consider all that I am thankful for. I am blessed with health, family and friends – and I hope you are as well. But I also give thanks for my work life including:
- Fantastically competent colleagues who truly work tirelessly for Elon and ultimately, for you!
- An abundant applicant pool from which we are charged to build a freshman class
- Outstanding enrolled students who remind me every minute of every work day that Elon really challenges the mind, fosters community, encourages the heart and develops the whole person
- An amazing community of colleagues and friends with whom I get to work, create and, in general, enhance the Elon experience
- Stellar leadership on the part of Elon’s Senior Staff
- Beautiful buildings in which we can carry out our work
- Technology that allows us to function efficiently
There are myriad other things for which I am most grateful. This time of year is often one of reflection. I think it’s fair to say the Elon admission staff has now put reflection on hold until December 18th! On that date we will release nearly 5700 admissions decisions. Hang in there…