If history repeats itself (and it looks like it will), Elon’s Early Action will be the largest and most competitive of our three applicant pools this year. Last year, over 5000 students submitted applications EA. With the November 10th deadline looming, it looks like another banner year of outstanding applicants competing for the “large envelope”.
Here are the facts:
- Our strongest applicants historically apply Early Action
- The number of admission offers is limited because we have a large Final Deadline pool
- Many talented students will be accepted
- Many talented students will be deferred
- Many deferred students will be accepted on March 15
- We anticipate another large wait list beginning March 15
I am frequently asked under which deadline a student should apply. That’s a hard question to answer because all three of our programs acommodate students based on their personal timeline. Early Decision is binding and thus, not for everyone. Final Deadline is popular because the January 10th deadline allows students to work on the application over the holiday break. The best program then, depends on your timeline.
Because Elon is a first choice school for many students, Early Action is large. Last year we were presented with an oustanding pool of candidates. With a large and academically talented pool – as well as a limited number of seats in the class – competitive admission results. We are not always able to admit every student who meets our academic profile.
You’ve applied EA to Elon because you believe Elon is the right place for you. If you are truly interested in becoming a student here and you are deferred, here’s my advice:
- Don’t take it personally. We’d really like to admit more students
- Demonstrate your continued interest in Elon via e-mails to your admissions counselor
- Submit the requested academic information in a timely manner
- Hang in there. March 15th will be here before we know it!
Tomorrow is November 10th. Reading Season has begun. Regardless of the deadline you choose, we are thrilled that you have applied to Elon and are already looking forward to December 1st and December 18th. We know you are too!